Flashback Friday: Gwen Live in Wantagh 2007

On today’s Flashback Friday, and in honor of the album’s anniversary, we’re sharing Gwen’s full show on The Sweet Escape tour live in Wantagh, New York back on May 20, 2007.

Gwen’s second solo tour brought her around the world and featured an eclectic mix of her two albums. Though originally planned for a DVD release, it still has yet to be released (rumored to be due to recording and audio issues). Sadly, only fan videos are all we have for the tour and this is an incredible show.

This recording from Jones Beach is missing the first three songs (“The Sweet Escape”, “Rich Girl” and “Yummy”) but the rest of the show is good quality for an audience recording and the sound is decent as well. Hopefully one day fans will get a decent recording of the tour and we thank Pierre again for the raw footage from the concert.

Enjoy! Click here to download the full video.

05/20/2007 — Wantagh, New York — Nikon Jones Beach Theater
The Sweet Escape / Rich Girl / Yummy / 4 In The Morning / Luxurious / Early Winter / Wind It Up / Danger Zone / Hollaback Girl / Now That You Got It / Don’t Get It Twisted/Breakin’ Up / Cool / Wonderful Life / Orange County Girl // The Real Thing / What You Waiting For?

1. Anthony says:

Wow- I was at this show! <3

Grew up in LI.

2. Anthony says:

Was anyone at the special performance they did in like 2003 in NYC– where she sang message in a bottle with incubus, the sweetest thing with gavin, and turned the song Rock Steady into a birthday song for her mom? Instead of “rock steady, rock steady, our love is so rock steady” she sang “happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to my mother…” I still think of those lyrics when I hear that song…

• Jenny says:

Aw! That’s a great memory to have. I would have loved to have gone to the secret show in New York. Wasn’t that right after their Grammy win? The energy seemed insane!

3. Anthony says:

UIA was #1 — I worked in a coffee shop in the mall, and stole assorted teas and threw them on stage for Gwen (because of the lyrics in Hey Baby, and her mentioning tea in an interview). I doubt she drank it, but you never know :-)

4. Anthony says:

Jenny– are you a NYer?

• Jenny says:

Nope, I’m all the way in Seattle.

Maribeth (who works on BSO too) is up there. I think she may have gone to that show…? I remember being obsessed with their cover of “Message In A Bottle” with Incubus. I was really into them back in the day, too.