In honor of Gwen’s birthday, Yahoo! has put together a nice list of style and beauty lessons that everyone can learn and take from Gwen. From her style, makeup to breaking the rules — Gwen has done it all and flawlessly!
Yahoo! — Between her platinum blonde hair, bright red lips and unique sartorial sense, Gwen Stefani’s signature look has transformed her into a worldwide fashion icon.
In addition to being the lead singer of No Doubt, recording solo albums and designing for two successful clothing lines, Stefani (who is married to rock star Gavin Rossdale), is also mom to Hollywood’s best-dressed little boys: Kingston, 5, and Zuma, 3.
In honor of her 42nd birthday, here are five look-gorgeous tips from the super chic star.
1. Dress up. Whether she’s on a red carpet or taking her sons to the park, Stefani always looks put-together — and with good reason. “I mean, I’m very vain,” she told Elle magazine. “That would be my middle name. Of course I am, you know what I mean? I love the visual.”
2. Keep it fresh. Crimson lipstick might be her go-to, but the singer-songwriter also experiments with other colors. “People think they see me every day, but they don’t! I change it up. But my husband really loves the red, so I keep the red because I want to keep the husband.” And instead of wearing just one shade of red, she mixes a few hues together to create the perfect one.
3. Break the rules. Most beauty experts say to enhance one feature at a time. But try telling that to Stefani, who proves it’s possible to pair a dramatic smoky eye with bold red lips without looking overdone.
4. Flaunt your assets. She may be in her forties, but Stefani’s body is as amazing as ever (especially those famous abs!) and that’s because she works hard at it. “I take the best care of myself as I can. I eat really good, I work out a lot,” she told BellaSugar. “And there’s training and drinking water and all the stuff they say to do.”
5. Get inspired. She’s maintained a distinctive flair for fashion since her early days with No Doubt, which makes sense since Stefani’s style influences include everything from The Sound of Music to Japan’s Harajuku girls.